Logistics & Legal
msu denver student media
Campus Rate is available to all Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Colorado Denver and Community College of Denver students, faculty, staff, clubs and departments, AHEC departments, staff, and campus businesses. Nonprofit 501(c) organizations are also eligible for the Campus Rate. Frequency discounts do not apply to this rate.
Local Rate is available for Colorado-based businesses and franchises.
National Rate is charged to businesses based outside of Colorado.
Local rate pricing is listed on this site. Ask your advertising sales rep for campus and national pricing.
All sponsorship packages must be prepaid with cash, check, credit card (Visa and MasterCard only) or FOAP transfer. Make checks payable to MSU Denver Student Media.
Credit and Billing Terms
- A $35 charge will be assessed on any returned check.
- Account balances older than 30 days will be charged a 1.5 percent finance charge (18 percent annual). After 60 days, credit will not be extended and the balance must be paid before further advertising will be accepted.
- Accounts in default may be turned over to a collection agency. If collection services are required, a $250 recovery charge will be added to the advertiser’s final bill and submitted for collection. The advertiser is liable for any and all costs incurred due to collection and legal action.
- All rates are net and non-commissioned.
- Student Media encourages responsibility and good taste in advertising and reserves the right to edit or reject any advertising copy for any reason at any time before publication.
- Student Media shall be under no liability for late delivery due to printer error or any natural occurrence.
- Student Media does not accept 900 numbers or public advertising that discriminates on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age or disability.
- Political advertisements are payable in advance, must conform to Colorado campaign-disclosure laws, and must show clear endorsement (i.e., “Paid for by Advertiser”).
- In case of error or omission, Student Media’s liability, if any, will not exceed the price for space occupied by the error.
- Student Media is not responsible for typographical errors that do not decrease the value of the advertisement.
- Liability for any error is limited to the first insertion of the erroneous advertisement. Make-good space will run at the discretion of Student Media.
- All advertisements, sponsorships and underwriting are accepted at the sole discretion of the respective editor or general manager.
- All agreements must be written and agreed on by advertiser and Student Media to be binding.
- Ads are sold only in full-column widths and in increments of ½ inch in depth after the first inch. Minimum advertisement size is 1 column by 1 inch
- Submitted ads that are not sized to the dimensions specified in this media kit are subject to resizing.
- Any newspaper ad measuring 12 inches or more in height will be charged for the full height of the page.
- Position requests will be honored when possible.
- No advertisements will be published upside-down, sideways or in any other manner not consistent with traditional newspaper makeup.
- Advertisements having the appearance of news must have the words “Paid Advertisement” printed above and must be bordered.