As on date, China is indubitably leading the world in all aspects of medical education. Therefore, the MBBS degree obtained from any medical university in China is close to the heart of any aspiring medical student, from anywhere on the globe, and a mark of extreme respect and an overall sense of great achievement. The confidence achieved of any particular student, armed with the enviable degree, knows no bounds. He or she is confident of pursuing a more than satisfactory career opportunity against all odds.
In order to get a clearer picture and understanding of this tall claim, let us consider the example of just one such medical university in China and precisely what it entails. Just like this one university in question, the China Medical University, the opportunities, coupled with the facilities it provides, will give us a comprehensive reason why China is so favoured, in terms of a medical degree, by one and all. Let this be an appropriate case study.
China Medical University
- China Medical University was established in the year 1931, in the city of the People’s Republic of China, Shenyang.
- Today, the university stands as a landmark in the field of medical education. It is one of the top medical institutions for MBBS in China. Like so many other medical universities, it takes extreme pride in its history.
- It is one of the earliest schools that introduced college education in western medicine in China.
Some basic facts about the university
- The campus is spread over an area of 1,930,000 sq meters.
- A continuous flow of visiting Faculty from prime medical institutions globally ensures worldwide medical studies exposure.
- The university also boasts 8,220 undergraduates, 8,220 postgraduates, 933 post doctors and 2,482 masters.
Various departments under this university
- School of stomatology
- School of public health
- School of pharmacy
- School of nursing
- School of medical informatics
- First clinical college
- School of fundamental sciences
- Fourth affiliated hospital
- College of basic medical science
Various courses under this university
- Basic medicine
- Clinical medicine
- Public health
- Preventive medicine
Some prime benefits of doing an MBBS course from this university in China
- The university stands at a ranking of #345 in the world; #55 in Asia and #10 in China.
- The medical university has various research centers and labs for the medical aspirants.
- CMU also have international faculties to enlarge the knowledge of students both theoretically and practically.
- For international students, classes are held in English.
- As per the high-value education standard, the fee structure is relatively low and very competitive.
This selective case study is important because it adequately highlights why China is today the most preferred destination in acquiring an MBBS degree. Being government-controlled, almost all medical universities provide similar opportunities to all students, foreign or domestic. This is also why they will always be a class apart.